Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Snap Pea Harvest

On June 17th, somewhere between 8 and 9 PM, an 8-minute hailstorm preceeded by torrential rains destroyed my vegetable gardens, hosta collector's garden, and perennial borders. (Not to mention the roof of my house, garden shed, and chicken coop and the screens on the back side of my house, the security light and fascia above my garage.) We are still working on the clean up and negotiating with insurance adjusters, but yesterday I harvested my 2009 snap pea crop. This is the entire crop, pictured here.
"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!"

2 comments:

Mel, Foxtail Farm said...

Poor little lonely pea pod. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I hate to hear that the storm killed your crop and damaged so much. I will send a prayer your way that things get cleaned up smoothly and safely.